I love these Rocky Road Brownies I created. They are the perfect mix of a chocolate brownie and the flavours of rocky road. This rocky road brownie recipe is stuffed with chocolate chips, marshmallows, peanuts and coconut. Best thing is they are so simple to bake! If you want gooey brownies just bake them a little less, and for more cake-like brownies bake for longer.
ROCKY ROAD BROWNIES
Makes: 12 – 20 squares Difficulty: Easy
- Rectangular Baking Tin (25 x 20 x 3.5 cm; 10 x 8 x 1.5 in)
- Large mixing bowl
- Electric beaters
- Rubber spatula
- Kitchen scales
- Kitchen timer
- Oven thermometer
- 125g (4.4 oz) Unsalted Butter, softened to room temperature
- 200g (7 oz) Caster Sugar
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- 2 large Eggs, lightly beaten, at room temperature
- 100g (3.4 oz) quality Dark Chocolate, melted
- 90g (3.2 oz) Plain Flour
- 100g (3.4 oz) Unsalted Peanuts, roughly chopped
- 50g (1.8 oz) Dark Chocolate Chips
- 40g (1.4 oz) Desiccated Coconut
- 30g (1 oz) Mini Marshmallows
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees Celsius (160 fan-forced; 350F). Line the base of the tray with baking paper and grease the sides with non-stick spray.
- In a large mixing bowl add the butter, sugar and vanilla. Whisk with an electric beater until pale and fluffy. Add the eggs and beat until smooth.
- Fold in the melted chocolate and flour. Stir in the peanuts, chocolate chips, coconut and marshmallows.
- Scoop the brownie batter into the prepared tin. Spread the batter right into the edges of the tin, and smooth the top. Decorate the top with some extra peanuts, coconut and marshmallows.
- Check the oven has reached the correct temperature. Place the tray on the middle rack of the oven. Bake 20-25 minutes. Baking time depends on how cakey or gooey you like your brownies. The longer they bake, the more like cake they become. As a rough guide, the edges should be firm and the middle a bit ‘wobbly’. A skewer inserted off centre should come out with sticky crumbs when done.
- Remove the tray from the oven. Let the brownies cool in the pan. Cut them into squares in the tray.
ROCKY ROAD BROWNIES
- Best served straight from the oven. They’ll keep in an airtight container for 2 days.
- A shorter baking time means gooey brownies.