Everything on The Cake Mistress was designed, baked, photographed, edited, written etc by one person. Please respect the immense effort required to produce such online content, by not stealing any of this work.
All content on The Cake Mistress, including but not limited to photography, web copy, designs, text, graphics, pictures, video, information, and other files are the proprietary property of The Cake Mistress with all rights reserved. No Web Site Content may be modified, copied, distributed, framed, reproduced, republished, downloaded, displayed, posted, transmitted, or sold in any form or by any means, in whole or in part, except with express prior written permission.
Any use of The Cake Mistress or the Web Site Content other than as specifically authorised herein, without the prior written permission of The Cake Mistress is strictly prohibited. Such unauthorised use may also violate applicable laws including copyright, communications regulations and statutes. Unless explicitly stated herein, nothing in these Web Site Terms shall be construed as conferring any license to intellectual property rights.
Please email info (at) thecakemistress (dot) com if you want prior written permission to use this content.
Sharing Policy: Printed Materials
Our favourite recipes always get shared with friends and family. So of course, you may physically print material to share with your friends/colleagues/family etc in limited numbers. But please give credit by clearly stating “Recipe from www.thecakemistress.com/blog” on each page. You are not permitted to sell the material for any fee or compensation.
Sharing Policy: Online
We love if you share our recipes around online. If you are re-blogging a recipe please write your own introduction, write the method in your own words and provide credit and a link to the original recipe. Generally, a list of ingredients is not copyright protected but the creative, expressive content and words of the recipe are.
If you have any questions regarding copyrighted materials, or if you wish to report a violation of our copyright, please let us know via email at info (at) thecakemistress (dot) com.
If you believe that any material on The Cake Mistress infringes upon any copyright which you own or control, you may send a written notification of such infringement to Emma at info (at) thecakemistress (dot) com.
To meet the notice requirements under the Digital Millennium Copyright Act, the notification must be a written communication that includes the following:
- A physical or electronic signature of a person authorised to act on behalf of the owner of an exclusive right that is allegedly infringed;
- Identification of the copyrighted work claimed to have been infringed, or, if multiple copyrighted works at a single online site are covered by a single notification, a representative list of such works at that site;
- Identification of the material that is claimed to be infringing or to be the subject of infringing activity and that is to be removed or access to which is to be disabled, and information reasonably sufficient to permit us to locate the material;
- Information reasonably sufficient to permit us to contact the complaining party, such as an address, telephone number and, if available, an electronic mail address at which the complaining party may be contacted;
- A statement that the complaining party has a good-faith belief that use of the material in the manner complained of is not authorised by the copyright owner, its agent or the law; and
- A statement that the information in the notification is accurate, and under penalty of perjury, that the complaining party is authorised to act on behalf of the owner of an exclusive right that is allegedly infringed.
The Cake Mistress might feature “affiliate” links to Third party content. We earn a small commission for any sales generated from these links. Theses sales help keep the website online and support the generation of quality content for you. We only link to items we genuinely love. Our opinion cannot be bought.
The Cake Mistress has not featured any “Sponsored Content” to date. Any workshops or events attended have been at our expense.
You understand that The Cake Mistress is available for your personal, non-commercial use only. You represent, warrant and agree that no materials of any kind submitted or shared by you through the Service will violate or infringe upon the rights of any third party, including copyright, trademark, privacy, publicity or other personal or proprietary rights; or contain libellous, defamatory or otherwise unlawful material. You further agree not to harvest or collect email addresses or other contact information of Users from the Services or the Web Site by electronic or other means for the purposes of sending unsolicited emails or other unsolicited communications. Additionally, you agree not to use automated scripts to collect information from the Services or the Web Site or for any other purpose. You further agree that you may not use the Services or the Web Site in any unlawful manner or in any other manner that could damage, disable, overburden or impair the Web Site. In addition, you agree not to use the Services or the Web Site to:
- upload, post, transmit, share, store or otherwise make available any content that we deem to be harmful, threatening, unlawful, defamatory, infringing, abusive, inflammatory, harassing, vulgar, obscene, fraudulent, invasive of privacy or publicity rights, hateful, or racially, ethnically or otherwise objectionable;
- impersonate any person or entity, or falsely state or otherwise misrepresent yourself or your affiliation with any person or entity;
- upload, post, transmit, share or otherwise make available any information that you know is false or misleading;
- upload, post, transmit, share or otherwise make available any unsolicited or unauthorised advertising, solicitations, promotional materials, “junk mail,” “spam,” “chain letters,” “pyramid schemes,” or any other form of solicitation;
- upload, post, transmit, share, store or otherwise make available any photographs of another person or taken by another person without that person’s consent;
- solicit passwords or personally identifying information for commercial or unlawful purposes;
- upload, post, transmit, share or otherwise make available any material that contains software viruses or any other computer code, files or programs designed to interrupt, destroy or limit the functionality of any computer software or hardware or telecommunications equipment;
- intimidate or harass another User or Contributor;
- upload, post, transmit, share, store or otherwise make available content that would constitute, encourage or provide instructions for a criminal offence, violate the rights of any party, or that would otherwise create liability or violate any local, state, national or international law;
- upload, post, transmit, share, store or otherwise make available content that, in the sole judgment of The Cake Mistress, is objectionable or which restricts or inhibits any other person from using or enjoying the Web Site, or which may expose The Cake Mistress or its Users to any harm or liability of any type.
The Cake Mistress reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to reject, refuse to post or remove any posting by you, or to restrict, suspend, or terminate your access to all or any part of the Service at any time, for any or no reason, with or without prior notice, and without liability.
If you become aware of misuse of the Services by any person, please email info (at) thecakemistress (dot) com.
Links to Other Websites and Content
The Cake Mistress may contain links to other websites as well as articles, photographs, text, graphics, pictures, designs, music, sound, video, information, software and other content belonging to or originating from third parties. Such Third Party Web Sites and Third Party Content are not investigated, monitored, or checked for accuracy, appropriateness, or completeness by us, and we are not responsible for any Third Party Web Sites accessed through the Web Site or any Third Party Content posted on the Web Site, including without limitation the content, accuracy, offensiveness, opinions, reliability or policies of or contained in the Third Party Web Sites or the Third Party Content. Inclusion of or linking to any Third Party Web Site or any Third Party Content does not necessarily imply approval or endorsement thereof by us. If you decide to leave the Web Site and access the Third Party Web Sites, you do so at your own risk and you should be aware that our terms and policies no longer govern. You should review the applicable terms and policies, including privacy and data gathering practices, of any site to which you navigate from the Web Site.
The Cake Mistress is for entertainment purposes only. No content is a substitute or is claiming to be a substitute for medical or health advice. The User is responsible for checking the recipe ingredients they use for allergens. The Cake Mistress is not responsible for any damages resulting from the use of The Cake Mistress contents.
The Cake Mistress may be temporarily unavailable from time to time for maintenance or other reasons. The Cake Mistress assumes no responsibility for any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, communications line failure, theft or destruction.
The Cake Mistress is not responsible or liable in any manner for any User Content or Third Party Content posted on the Web Site or in connection with the Services.
You agree to indemnify and hold The Cake Mistress harmless from and against any loss, liability, claim, demand, damages, costs and expenses, including reasonable attorney’s fees, arising out of or in connection with any User Content, any Third Party Content you post or share on or through the Web Site, your use of the Services or the Web Site, your conduct in connection with the Services or the Web Site or with other Users of the Service or the Web Site, or any violation of this Agreement or of any law or the rights of any third party.
The Cake Mistress is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com.
I HAVE READ THIS AGREEMENT AND AGREE TO ALL OF THE PROVISIONS CONTAINED ABOVE.
Last updated 11th March 2017