This moist Banana Bread recipe is another easy one-bowl wonder. Expect the enticing scent of warm banana to waft around the house. Honestly, when I returned home I could smell the cooling banana bread from the front door. You might want another loaf on the go in case your neighbours happen to “randomly” drop by. Put your over-ripe and mushy bananas to good use with this bread. If you find yourself in the rare position of having leftover cake, it’s perfect to freeze by the slice for later.
MOIST BANANA BREAD RECIPE
Makes:8-12 slices Difficulty: Easy
· 1 medium loaf tin, 21 x 11 x 6 cm (8.3 x 4.3 2.4 in)
· Medium saucepan
· Potato masher
· Wire rack
· 2 medium or large ripe Bananas, mashed
· 120g (4.2 oz) Unsalted Butter
· 2 tablespoons Milk
· 1 teaspoon Bicarbonate Soda
· 200g (7.0 oz) Caster Sugar
· 2 large Eggs, lightly beaten
· 180g (6.3 oz) Self Raising Flour
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees Celsius (160 fan-forced; 350 F). Grease the base and sides of the pan with non-stick spray.
- Mash the bananas into a pulp and place them in a medium saucepan. With the saucepan on low heat add the butter and stir until it’s melted.
- Add in the caster sugar, bicarbonate soda, and milk. Stir it all together until the sugar has dissolved. Remove from heat and set aside to cool.
- Once the mixture has cooled stir in the self-raising flour and beaten eggs until the mixture is evenly combined. Pour the batter into the prepared loaf tin.
- Check oven has reached the correct temperature. Set kitchen timer for 40 minutes. Place the loaf tin on the middle rack of the oven. The bread is ready when a skewer in the middle of the loaf comes out clean. Bake for a further 5 minutes if not baked fully yet.
- Allow to cool in the pan for 10 minutes, then remove loaf to cool on a wire rack Serve warm or cold.
MOIST BANANA BREAD
- The riper the bananas the sweeter the cake will be.
- You could reduce the sugar quantity a bit in the cake without too much drama, even 150g of sugar would be ok. It’s quite a forgiving recipe.
- The recipe could easily be vegan or lactose-intolerant friendly by substituting the dairy with non-dairy alternatives.
- Individual slices of banana bread can be wrapped in plastic film and stored in the freezer for up to 2 months.
- Store cake at room temperature in an airtight container for up to 3 days.