Makes: 12-16 cupcakes Difficulty: Easy
· Kitchen Timer
· Oven thermometer
· Kitchen scales
· 12-hole cupcake tray
· Patty cases (optional)
· Medium saucepan
· Hand whisk or electric mixer
· Large bowl
· Cooling rack
· 100g Unsalted Butter, roughly diced
· 180g White Chocolate, roughly chopped
· 100g non-melt White Chocolate Bits
· 100g Unsalted Macadamia Nuts, roughly chopped
· 3 large Eggs
· 100g Brown Sugar
· 1 teaspoon Vanilla Extract
· 180g Plain Flour
· 1 teaspoon Baking Powder
· 1 pinch Salt
- Preheat oven to 170 degrees Celsius (150 degrees fan-forced; 325 F). Line a 12-hole cupcake tray with patty cases, or grease the holes with cooking spray.
- In a medium saucepan on low heat melt the butter and chopped white chocolate. Stir constantly until the chocolate has melted fully. Remove from heat and allow to cool.
- In a large bowl whisk or beat together the eggs and brown sugar until they have thickened and are pale and fluffy. Beat in the vanilla extract and melted butter/chocolate mixture.
- Sift the flour, baking powder and salt into the batter. Fold them gently through the mixture with a spatula until almost combined. Add the chopped macadamia nuts and white chocolate bits. Stir them through gently until they’re mixed evenly through the batter.
- Dollop a heaped tablespoon of batter into each cupcake hole. Check the oven is at the right temperature and set the kitchen time for 15 minutes. Place the cupcakes on the middle rack to bake. They’re done when the domes are golden brown and the tops spring back when gently pressed. Bake for another 5 minutes if not.
- Let the cupcakes cool in the tray for 10 minutes, then transfer them to a wire rack to cool completely.
Recipe adapted from Saved by Cake by Marian Keyes
- Beat the eggs and brown sugar until the colour changes to pale yellow and it’s really fluffy. Better to “over-beat” this part.
- Gently fold all the dry ingredients into this fluffy egg and sugar mix. If you over stir at this part you might get tough cupcakes.
- Best eaten the day they’re made. Can store at room temperature in an airtight container for 2 days.
Fragrant warm apple cinnamon muffins with a toasted coconut and caramelised sugar topping.read more
A classic layered butter cake filled and topped with chocolate buttercream.read more
Easy no bake lemon biscuit slice with tangy lemon and coconut icing.read more