I love this sweet pink Rosewater Cupcake recipe with Rosewater and crushed pistachio topping. For a twist on the vanilla cupcake I used a few spoons of fragrant rosewater. These cupcakes have a sweet delicate rosy aroma and flavour. To complement the cakes they have a swirl of pink rosewater frosting on top with a sprinkle of crushed green pistachios.
ROSEWATER CUPCAKE RECIPE WITH ROSEWATER PISTACHIO FROSTING
Makes: 12 cupcakes Difficulty: Easy
· 12 hole muffin tray
· Patty cases
· Electric mixer / stand mixer
· Wire rack
· Kitchen scales
· Oven thermometer
· Kitchen timer
· 120g (4.2 oz) Plain Flour
· 140g (4.9 oz) Caster Sugar
· 1 1/2 teaspoons Baking Powder
· 1 pinch Salt
· 40g (1.4 oz) Unsalted Butter, softened room temperature
· 120ml (4.2 fl oz) Whole Milk
· 1 Egg, lightly beaten
· 1/4 teaspoon Vanilla Extract
· 2 tablespoons Rosewater
· 250g (8.8 oz) Icing Sugar Mixture, sifted
· 80g (2.8 oz) Unsalted Butter, softened to room temperature
· 25ml (0.9 fl oz) Whole Milk
· 2 drops Vanilla Extract
· 1 teaspoon Rosewater
· liquid pink or red food colouring
· 1/4 cup unsalted Pistachio Nuts, finely chopped
- Preheat the oven to 170 degrees Celsius (150 fan-forced; 340F). Line a 12-hole muffin tin with patty cases. Set kitchen timer for 20 minutes.
- Add the flour, sugar, baking powder, salt, and soft butter to the bowl of an electric mixer. Beat with a paddle attachment on low speed until the butter has coated the dry ingredients evenly. The texture will be sandy.
- Slowly pour in half of the milk. Beat on low speed until the milk is just incorporated.
- In a small bowl whisk together the egg, vanilla extract, remaining milk and rosewater. Add the wet ingredients into the bowl of the mixer. Beat on low speed until the mixture is smooth. Try not to over-mix.
- Spoon the batter into the patty cases until each is two-thirds full. Check the oven has reached the correct temperature. Play the muffin tin on the middle rack of the oven. Bake until the tops are golden and bounce back when lightly touched. A skewer inserted in the middle should come out clean. If not, add another 5 minutes to the timer and retest. Baking time is 20-25 minutes approximately.
- Remove cupcakes from the oven. Allow them to cool for at least 10 minutes in the pan, before removing them to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Prepare the icing. Add the icing sugar and softened butter in the bowl of an electric mixer. Beat on medium speed until the ingredients are well mixed. In a separate bowl stir together the milk, vanilla extract and rosewater with a few drops of red food colouring. With the beaters on low speed add these wet ingredients to the bowl slowly. Once all the wet ingredients are incorporated turn the mixer to high speed. Beat until the frosting is light and fluffy.
- When the cupcakes are completely cool slather the tops with the rosewater frosting. Sprinkle the chopped pistachio nuts on top to finish.
ROSEWATER CUPCAKES WITH ROSEWATER PISTACHIO FROSTING
- Will store in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 3 days.
- Once the dry and wet ingredients are added together to the mixer bowl don’t over beat them or the cupcakes will be rubbery. Only mix until everything is just combined.